surge protection for 120 volt AC control panel

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am looking for some type of surge protection to install in a control panel that is utilizing 120 volts ac. the device would need to be class 1 div 2 rated. this facility uses its own generators so I just want to make sure we are getting good clean power and dont have any issues when switching generators. we usually use 24 volts dc with battery banks but whoever designed this system went with AC for some reason. just want to try and protect the equipment.

One good supplier for this type of equipment is Phoenix Contact and the product type is TRABTECH surge protection eq.

Similar Topics

Hi Folks, Is surge protection recommended for field wiring connected to PLC inputs? For example, I/O originating from field devices located...
Replies
Views
by spec i must supply surge protection for each individual PLC input in my panel. These devices are all of the voltage free (dry contact type)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Unfamiliar ground here, but a client is asking for surge protection for digital and analog instruments. I did some research on Weidmuller and...
Replies
Views
I currently have these installed in a few cabinets: https://www.alliedelec.com/phoenix-contact-2920641/70208204/ But they're increasing the mA...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We stopped using 110 VAC surge protection when we started using 24 VDC PLCs, instead of the 110 VAC. Never had a problem in almost 10...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom