symax 400 serial connection winxp

gwb8305

Hello all, newbie here and looking for some advice on an old symax 400 plc.
Had to set up a win xp machine with intouch wonderware connected to plc with serial port. Software and plc are communicating fine. Problem is the lag time when we executed a command to run. Movement of machine does work but when we execute there is a delay from when we click the axis move button until you see the axis move on the monitor. Tried different resolutions and also different port settings but no change. Thought maybe someone has had this issue in the past. Thank you.

the default serial port speed is 9,600 baud
not sure if you can speed it up

Similar Topics

First question, is there any easy way to convert the symax logic onto the controllogix? I believe we have an old laptop that will connect to the...
Replies
Views
I want to use register 8107 of a Sy/Max 400 to point to an error register stack but not sure how to program the rung to reserve this 16 register...
Replies
Views
My Symax controller is reporting an offset from the measurement devices that are connected to it. This is only happening on one I/O module on all...
Replies
Views
We have a demineralizer running on a Symax 400 PLC. The PLC is connected to a Cincinatti Display serially. This system is a late 80's early 90's...
Replies
Views
I am unable to load a ladder logic project into this Symax 400. It begins to rack address and then I receive a transmission error 74 after about...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom