System clock S7-1200 / S7-1500

swedeleaner

HEllo!

Where do it setup the clock? Couldn´t find anything useful in General-->Time of day besides daylight saving time. And when i have set the time, which registers hold the clock data for using it in the code?

I would like to trigger an event at let´s say 09:00.

Cheers!

The clock in the S7-1200 is maintained by a super capacitor for about 20 days, and has an accuracy of about 60seconds per month. If you want it to be an accurate 9am I would look at setting up Time Synchronisation. Double click the Profinet Port, and you will see Time synchronisation, you can synchronise to an NTP server. Then you could use a Time-of-Day Interrupt.

Hey guys! Thanks for your answers.
The time doesn’t need to be super accurate, 60 sec per month is fine.
Don’t have the opportunity to use NTP at this site.

Will check out RD sys and RD loc!

If NTP is not possible, then sync the clock with the HMI.
Display the clock prominently on the HMI so the operator will notice if the clock is too much off.
Program a page on the HMI to adjust the clock.
Maybe add to the scheduler on the HMI a function to remind the operator to check and adjust the clock weekly.

HEllo!

Where do it setup the clock? Couldn´t find anything useful in General-->Time of day besides daylight saving time. And when i have set the time, which registers hold the clock data for using it in the code?

I would like to trigger an event at let´s say 09:00.

Cheers!

Also, the clock is set via going online -> functions -> Set Time.

It defaults to some silly time, like jan 1 1994.

Simatic S7 was new on 1994?

Maybe it was the 300's that do 94, and the 1500's are 2010 when they were introduced? But yeah, everything needs an arbitrary start point, so it makes as much sense as anything. unless they start putting GPS clocks inside every PLC....