t OT - Incredible Wooden Machine

All it needs now is a motor, drive and a PLC.......maybe and HMI too to turn it on and off....LOL

tacm said:
All it needs now is a motor, drive and a PLC.......maybe and HMI too to turn it on and off....LOL

No, that would spoil it. Maybe a hamster wheel.

wheel.JPG

PLCRookie said:
Just my opinion, but the saw stop is the coolest I've seen. There is a link to it on the Wooden machine page. Check it out if you haven't already. Funny that none of the big table saw makers wanted anything to do with this device.

See it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFjehKIAgls

That is impressive. It would be good to understand the technology used in that device and apply it elsewhere.

My guess is that manufacturers of table saws feel that it could be a legal liability. Some idiot might remove the guard on the saw and attempt to rely solely on the saw stop device to protect his fingers. Of course someone will probably eventually sue a saw manufacturer for NOT putting this device on their saw.

Blade is isolated from ground. A small voltage (3 volts) is on the blade. If it sees leakage to ground, a precharged cylinder fires.
Electronics are much like a GFI. Unlike a GFI, after it fires, you are now dead in the water. Replace blade/cylinder assy. About $70.00. They say changeout is a quick and easy task.

System has a bypass mode so you can test/cut wet wood. LED comes on if wood is too wet.

This would be better if it had a reset button. I suspect OEM's don't like the one-time aspect of it.

Original Encabulator

Ah yes, before there was a Retro or Turbo Encabulator there was the ORIGINAL ENCABULATOR.

And I can not even drill a straight hole in to wood.;)