Taylor Soft to Modicon 484 Programming Cable

bcronk9977

Hello All,

I need to upload a customer's program from their Modicon 484. I am no expert with the 484 series but it is my understanding that I can read the program using my Taylor Soft programming software. can anyone tell me what cabling is needed?

Thank you inadvance for any help,

I was able to talk to it with the P180 I have but of course that won't store the program for me. I will have to see if I can find a J470. Thanks for you help.

You don't say why you want to read the program from the controller to your pc. Upgrade to a newer plc ?

IIRC, you can hook up a serial printer to the P180. And that 'printer' could be a PC and then Hyperterm to capture the ladder. Or was that only on a P190 ?

Even if not, you could just call up each network and snap a picture, or even write it down by hand. 484's didn't have that much memory.

Yeah. We are going to upgrade to a 984 series. I was hoping to load the 484 program to the PC with Taylor Soft 484 then import it to the 984 with minimal disrepency if any. Is that a long shot? I was under the impression it could be done.

Update

I was looking through my Taylor Soft program and found a utility that will read from the P190. I wonder though, is that through the p190 from the PLC or the Tape? I'm not sure what the cable pinout would be from the PC to the P190 either. Do you have any input?

Problem Solved

For future refrence: In order to communicate with a Modicon 484 from a PC you will need an AS-J470-000 Adapter and an AS-W956-012 cable which I have included the pinout for. Be sure to check the dip switch setting on the J470!

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Last edited: