TC2_HVAC.FB_HVACBlink resolution issue?

OK, I tried this approach, but I find that this requires an additional cycle to reset the TON function so as you can see, after 10 seconds the pulse only executed 3333 times instead of 44998 times.

2022-03-21_TON.png

I corrected the timing at which I was calling my clock administration subroutine. Now I can confirm I get the pulse every two msec. As drbitboy says, since the program is executing every msec a bit toggle would achieve the same objective of providing a pulse ever two msec, but I will leave the program as it is, as I can adjust the period of the TON function to get slower pulses.
Thanks so much for sharing your expertise.:geek:

2022-03-21_ClkAdmin.png

OK, so this does not work for T#2msec. And also the main ladder executes 10,002 times in ten seconds. So I guess I will have to use T#1msec, which gives me a reliable 10,000 executions in 10 seconds and use a counter to workout slower times.

2022-03-21_TON1.png

Hmm, the logic in this thread is essentially counting scan cycles, assuming each scan period is 1ms. Given that assumption, the scheme below (A-B mnemonics) would do the same without the TON folderol, and also allow changing the period of the b_Exec via the periodHMI integer:
Code:
                                           b_Exec
 --[ADD          ]----[ >=           ]--+---( )---------------
   [SrcA  counter]   [SrcA    counter]  |
   [SrcB        1]   [SrcB  periodHMI]  |
   [Dest  counter]                      +---[MOV          ]---
                                            [SrcA        0]
                                            [SrcB  counter]
periodHMI would be the target period for the b_Exec pulse i.e. 2 for 2ms, not (N-1) for Nms.

The only advantage to using TONs would be if the scan period were less than 1ms, but then the cycle to do the reset and put a 1 in b_Exec would not be 1ms, so the formula for b_Exec cycle time is [TON preset] + [scan period], so using a preset of 2ms and a scan period of 500µs would give a b_Exec period of 2.5ms.

I would agree that if you are running the POU at 1ms, I would not bother with a 1ms timer. I would use counter or increment a DINT. The timer jsut seems superfluous