Telemecanique - TSX17 - Tasks

rlmts said:
Without the original supporting docs, is it possible to establish which PLC memory locations the XBT HMI writes to?

Hi Rich,

Yep...you should be able to look at the stored messages on the XBT and see which variables they're 'connected' to in the PLC

You need to get the XBT terminal out of RUNNING mode into CONFIGURATION mode then step through to the MESSAGES DISPLAY sub-function which will allow you to scroll through the messages.

Here's a couple of guide sheets:

Thanks Kevin, very helpful, will print and take with me when next time I visit site. Thanks again!

Also anyone....

"Also, the TSX 17 has it's 'Fast Inputs' 24 and 25 connected, I read that if one of these changes state, this also 'calls' the 'FAST' task. Is this correct? I am confused about the fact that the Fast Counter also 'calls' the same FAST task. There's not much code programmed in this FAST code (see previous post attachment)

There was also mention in one of the Telemec documents that the 'Fast Inputs' must be configured as such? Where can this be seen to establish if they are configured as 'Fast'?"

Any ideas?

Hi Rich,

I would say that the event triggered inputs I0,24 & I0,25 have NOT been configured to call the Fast Task in this case, as if they had, they would appear in the code in the Fast Task.

Kevin

Does anyone know if the PL7-2 Software still available from anywhere? I am working with a print, and really should get on-line with PLC to confirm how some TSX instructions operate (in particular, the FC)

Rich

Then there's the PC/PLC coms problem I guess? Interface cable info anyone?