Telemechanique TSX 17 Programming

BrendanDixon

Hi All,

We have a problem with a machine not working. Upon looking we found it has a Telemechanique TSX 17 PLC.

I was going to look at buying the software so we can see what is going on. But I see it is a dos based software and no longer sold. I am not familiar with this specific PLC.

I have the following lights on

Run: Green permanently on
Bat: Red Permanently on

I believe this tells me PLC is programmed and running and the battery is running low.

I looked for a battery but cannot find one. It seems at the top right of the PLC there is possibly a place for a battery but there is nothing connected.

I also found it has 2 plugin modules in the center of the PLC

Left Module: Log. PL7-2/TSX17-20+CPL TSX17-20/PL7-2+CPL Soft.
Right Module: Cart. EEPROM 8K Octets EEPROM Cartr. 8K Bytes

I am assuming this PLC is using an EEPROM memory so I do not have to worry about the battery. It this correct?

Then connecting to the PLC. can anyone tell me where I can get the PL7-2 Software and configuration for making for the programming cable. I understand it is RS485 so we can see what is going wrong with this machine.