Telesis and slc505 communication

mikespeck1

Hello,
I'm working on a project using a SLC505 and a Telesis TMC470.
I've also reviewed some prior posts on this site but am still having issues sending ASCII from my PLC to the Telesis.
Here's what I need to try and accomplish . . .
Send ASCII from the RS232 port of my PLC to the Telesis.
I currently am using some logic I found on this site to do this but when I trigger the rung to send the AWT I do not see the data loading into the Telesis.
Can anyone help me with this problem. I will also send more info. if required.

Mike

Just tried, and Hyperterminal shows the data transmitted.

I believe I have an issue with the Telesis side not knowing that it is to receive data from the host.

You have to setup the Telesys communication, and setup a field (not sure if this is the correct name they use) where the message received from the PLC is written.

I will take a look to see if I find the Telesys manual and the code I've made on a SLC...

I will look thru my old files, we had a machine that we sent a bunch of diffrent data to be printed by the telesis. Make sure the comm settings match and when you setup your fields for the data you need to setup the field as "variable data". This way the Telesis knows to expect to receive something for printing. It is in the manual but cant remember how clearly its described. I will look and if I find my old files I will let you know.

Thank You,
At this time I have both the PLC and Telesis communication set up for 9600, 8, none and 1.
I do believe that the problem lies within the Telesis, but after reading the manual a few times I just do not see why.
I'm sure it's something extremely easy, which can be the most difficult.

You can check on chapter 3 (page 21) of the TMC470 telesys manual, there you can find how to program the telesys to received the ascii string, and this ascii string should be built in the plc

Well after numerous hours of trying to send ASCII to my Telesis via a SLC505 I am somewhat successful. I can send a string one time, however when the string changes the telesis will not update after resending data from PLC.
Here's what I have, I'm sending the word Hello to the Telesis. When the PLC transmits the data it goes into field number 1 on the Telesis.
I then type Goodbye into the PLC string file and then resend. However the Telesis string will not update to Goodbye.

Can you show the complete string you're sending (with all the extra characters) and the pattern you have defined on the telesys?

Okay, Logic is a simple AWT instruction.
I'm using string ST25:0 which has V01HELLO<13> in the string text.
My PLC and Telesis are both set up with communication of 19200, 8, none and 1.
Telesis text field 01 has %5V in the text field.
Telesis Protocol is set for Program.
Telesis Program, Start Char is set for 0
Terminator is set for 13
Position Is 1
Length is 0
Ignore is 10
MSG Type is 0

Thanks jmsmoreira,
But still no luck, I've even changed the Telesis unit and the PLC.
I've spoken to Telesis tech support and they seem to be at a loss also.
This is getting somewhat frustrating and I know wherever my error is I'll probably say "Dahh" once it's working.

Actually I have never used the messagem type 0, always used the V type, as it was only one field I was writing at a time.
But anyway your message and configuration seems ok.