Temperature control using seimens s7200

TATE

I have a project to monitor the temperature of a rotating metal surface that reaches aproximatly 300c via a non contact thermal sensor. I will need to monitor the temperature and control the process via a HMI and output to a proportional valve to apply air pressure to a brake. Can anyone guide me to what S7200 units I will need, and will the HMI be able to display temp and user be able to control via I/O.

Regards TATE :oops:

The whole point of an HMI is to display useful information to the operator and to allow the operator to control a process using that information.

If your sensor outputs either 0-10V or 0-20mA, you'd probably need an EM 231 (4 analog in).

Thanks,
I am familiar with the TD200 for user information, and would like to display the temp in either a scale, graphical, or text.