Temperature Data Acquisition

Preeya

I have 20 J type thermocouples and I need to find a suitable data acquisition system for it. I want to get the values preferably on an excel spreadsheet.

Is it possible for me to find a solution for less than $2000 but at the same time a reliable one?

Preeya,

For the hardware: sure you can
If you are looking for a PC-based data acquisition system so i suggest this company: www.adlink.com

the have both PC-based DAS alternatives:
1- PCI-plug in daq cards.
2- RTUs.

I think that the seconed alternative is cheaper but it will be harder to communicate with.(serial communication - RS485 interface)
Note: they have an OPC server for these modules.
So if you like the idea, go for this module (Nudam 6013)
You are simply going to connect your thermocouples directly to these modules (no signal conditiner needed)
and each module has 8 channels, So you will need 3 modules.
The unit will cost you -if i still remember- about 150 dollars.

Now speaking about the software:
that is the expensive part.
and you didnot tell what you can do?

And I think that building a small software is the best choice for this mini project (using VB or LabVIEW or somthing similar).

The problem is how much is the programming language ?
LabVIEW is very expensive, VB is reasonable.

best regards.

Last edited: