Temperature transmitter

I then remind myself that there's a difference between good questions that seek information, like this thread I think, and lazy twits saying "I'm in a hurry - whats the answer to problem 23?"

I think that's very true and I was probably a little harsh on the OP. Too many other terrible posts like "I have 20 power meter, how do I build energy monitoring system?" read just before this one!

PS - Aeration Control System Design is a brilliant reference. It's opened my eyes to several possible optimization opportunities at our largest plant that I'd never even thought about before!

Your transmitter is not powered.

Here's a generic diagram of what you need to do:

15mydt2.jpg

And an edited version of what you posted:

-
impe8x.jpg

My oversight error. I edited a graphic from the web to show the wiring.

The switch position should be the letter D.

2llirh5.jpg

If the statement above applies to the Siemens card being used, then a 2 wire becomes a 4 wire transmitter.

The industry definition of 2 wire vs 4 wire does not include the source of the DC power supply, but apparently it makes a difference for a Siemens analog input. It's their input card so you gotta play by their rules.

hi, i succeeded to get the value from the temperature transmitter :), now i need to connect another pt100 sensor to SM331 module, i don't have temperature transmitter for this sensor and i need to connect it directly to SM331 module, i have read on internet about wiring pt100 sensor with a 4-wire connection and i draw on this picture how i think it should be wired with a SM331 module.

An6vzl0.png

Is this wiring ok, or i need to wire it differently ?
Are this blocks for scaling ok, is this scaling gonna work this way?

Earlier you stated, "S7-300 PLC has a SM331 module (4-20 mA analog input)", so that card clearly can hancle a 4-20mA signal.

But a 4-20mA signal is a modulating current signal; an RTD is a resistor with positive temperature coefficient which needs an excitation current.

Why do you think that your particular board is compatible with an RTD? Does it have excitation current? Is there a wiring diagram showing an RTD connection to that specific board?