Tesla, Fremont California

No need for the grid when generating electric power locally (your vehicle's Hydrogen Fuel Cell) when you need it (pressing on the throttle)...

Hydrogen production is primarily done with natural gas and steam (reforming) and electrolysis. One still uses fossil fuel (though at least not oil) and the other uses a lot more electricity than direct charging of a battery vehicle, and would likely require dedicated electricity generation on site.

Ken, that's good information. Thanks.

If I'm doing the arithmetic right, you're driving about 33.3 miles per day. If you were driving a gasoline powered car that gets 40 mpg you would be using 0.83 gallons. At $2.50 per gallon that would be $2.08 per day. Gas prices are a lot more volatile than electricity prices, so the price advantage for your EV will vary.

You're blessed with cheap electricity at .10 per kWh. I'm paying over twice that here in Western Mass.

Hydrogen production is primarily done with natural gas and steam (reforming) and electrolysis. One still uses fossil fuel (though at least not oil) and the other uses a lot more electricity than direct charging of a battery vehicle, and would likely require dedicated electricity generation on site.

Actually, countries with extensive liquid hydrogen infrastructures (city bus fleets in Western Europe major urban areas such as Munich) are using mostly nuclear power energy in order to extract Hydrogen from water.
Fuel the reactor once every thirty years, generate electricity to extract the most abundant chemical element in the Universe and then use said Hydrogen for transportation while recycling the very fuel you are using since the output of a fuel cell is electric power + H2O vapors.
It is just too obvious and cost effective to make "financial sense" I guess...:unsure: