Test and Assemble rung edits unavailable. RsLogix 500

Try this:

- In RSLinx, click on Communications, then select Configure CIP Options
- Put check marks in first two boxes (Use for "Slow" & "Fast" PCCC Requests)
- select "8 sec retry interval..."
- put "1", "1" and "4" in the next boxes
- click "apply"
- re-start RSLinx

HI

Could you post the program and I could try it if I have the same processor in house on our test rig.

Donnchadh

I have seen this before where the icons on the toolbar are greyed out but the context menu from right clicking the left hand side of the rung works.

Last edited:
I got this (sorry for long delay)
I'm able to make edits, accept them, verify file and project, test and assemble edits.
After I do that everything works the way I want until I turn the power off. When I turn the power back on everything resets, all edits are gone.

Why is it happening?
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Hi

I would agree with bernie
Power the plc Nd remove the processor and if the slc has an EPROM you will see it on the side of the card it's a grey plastic covered card and it can be removed.
The other way to check is when you are on line look at the options tab I think and then EPROM and see have you the option to back up to the EPROM

Donnchadh

I was starting to suspect a memory module here as well.

If you do have a mem module, to quickly check what Bernie has suggested...

Go to "Processor Status" - > "Mem Module" tab and see if the S:1/10, S:1/11 or S:1/12 bits are set 1. These are the three "Load Memory Module..." options. If any are set, then a mem module is installed and its program is being loaded each time you power cycle the processor.

Also check if the "Program Compare" bit S:2/9 is set 1.

This bit prevents changes being made to the program stored in the processors Non-Volatile RAM (NVRAM), so the program in the memory module and in the processor remain identical.

It disables online editing, program downloading and clearing of the memory.

I'm not sure from memory, but I thought the S:2/9 bit disables all online editing features, so if it is set, and your online, you should not be able to get as far as you have been with your edits? I may be incorrect.

G.

Does the processor have a backup EEPROM? If so, Could it be reloading a previously saved program on power up?

Yes it does have an EEPROM and that's what it was. I made all changes which I needed in the program and then send everything to the EEPROM (I overwritten the previously saved program). Before that all changes I made had been kept in the memory which was erased every time I shutt the unit off.

Thank you to all of you for your help/support. I appreciate it.