thermometer

Personally I think Ryan is the best newcomer we've had for ages. It's frankly astounding how much misinformation, bad spelling, atrocious grammar and outright ignorance he can cram in to such a small space in his posts. It's barely credible that someone operating at that level can find his way around a PC to post these messages, and yet he does it. And what's more, he keeps coming back.

So my initial reaction on seeing these posts was "It's someone having a joke at our expense - in reality he's probably head of engineering at CalTech." But I'm starting to think that no-one could keep the joke going this long. Surely they would accidentally include something sensible or polite without realising it?

No. I've got to hand it to you, Ryan. You are truly unique. And we're the real idiots for continually responding to you.

This is the only bit of sense posted - actually , I get a bit brassed off with the student poop - many of us learned to do what we do (damned well in some cases) without bleating on the 'net every two seconds . An 18 year old is not a kiddy any more , his balls have not just dropped out of his bum . Helping someone who is giving it a good shot is one thing , but for me , all those who post replies to the traffic light kak are just fuelling their own ego's .
I started a proper (not kellogs cornflake box) degree at 17 , and paid for the cost myself - as did many of our worshipful followers - for the love of Jesus , buy a dictionary (I can't stand lazy spelling) and actually put your heart into what you are trying to study .
Right , here we go .................

Personally I myself have considered using the dumber than I really am approach just to get a few replies to some of my posts!! Heck, at the most I usually only get 2 responses??

plcnewbie said:
Personally I myself have considered using the dumber than I really am approach just to get a few replies to some of my posts!! Heck, at the most I usually only get 2 responses??

Unless there are 2 plcnewbie names then that statement is not true. Out of 27 threads you started, 6 had 2 or less replies. On some days threads can get moved down too fast and people miss them or maybe the question(s) were to poorly phrased to answer OR there was no answer.

On the other hand one thread had 43 posts and there were over 7 threads that had over 10 posts.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/search.php?searchid=134025

I responded to that statment but will not respond to any threads or posts made by ryanrope, he stated it correctly when saying it would be a waste of time.

The effort provided will be directly proportional to the effort made by the person requiring assistance.

Last edited:
Woah!! Thanks for the link rsdoran!! I did not check back on alot of that stuff cause I think I didnt always have it responding when a reply was made, my mistake.

My problem is I start to feel like a 'lurker' if I dont post something once in awhile, so I may post something I am working on now and then and find the answer and then not need to come back for a bit.

I personally love this site and think it is a great thing to keep me motivated in learning new things. I do wish however that posts like Ryans would get less attention from you guys. Cause it just makes him keep comin back, adding fuel to the fire I would say.

I was going to make a joke in my last post about lack of replies:rolleyes: but had to submit and go real quick but now am back and feel like a fool for putting the number 2 instead of 10.