Things that engineers get up to

Manglemender

A recent thread asked how people describe what they do and that is always a difficult thing to explain to people that have little or no understanding of machinery. Thinking that "A picture tells a thousand words" maybe some examples are in order:

I found a great example of something an automation engineer did that wasn't just about money or efficiency but more to do with passion.

The inventer is a friend of mine and we first met 30 years ago while working on the same project in South Korea. Adrian describes it as his "lockdown project". He is a passionate bell ringer and has built a bell ringing simulator to train people how to ring bells. The link below is a demonstration video on LinkedIN.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/adrian-west_bellsim-activity-6905114602368311296-etWa