Thoughts on this Rockwell Publication (Possible loss of DCOM after windows Update)

Firstly this URL is behind the ROCKWELL PAYG gatekeeper so only folk with $$$ can access the reference.

To answer the question without seeing the paper. Mostly likely problem you will see with DCOM hardening is OPC (DA) access. OPC relies heavily on DCOM and changes to DCOM can prevent OPC servers from being accessed and or browsed.

well that is pretty much what it's stating, along with listing all affected products.

ID: PN1581 | Access Levels: Everyone

Thought that was for all the people, it's not techconnect access

This is caused by a Microsoft Patch that disables DCOM. If you have computers taking to each other exchanging data with DCOM/OPC DA(OPC CLASSIC) you will lose the data flow. As I understand any OPC DA(OPC CLASSIC) that is happening on the same computer will still work.
For now you can turn it off in register but that is going away and it will be removed for the PC/server.

To begin, this URL is protected by the ROCKWELL PAYG gatekeeper, which means that only those who have $$$ available to spend may access the reference.

I have a free account, too cheap to pay for their tech-connect when my distributor will freely use theirs for me and get me whatever I need, and can access the article.

All it takes is to be logged into a website account.

I have a free account, too cheap to pay for their tech-connect when my distributor will freely use theirs for me and get me whatever I need, and can access the article.

All it takes is to be logged into a website account.

No need to feed the troll, he's literally just repeating an earlier post then sticking a link at the bottom of his post in hopes someone clicks it.

No need to feed the troll, he's literally just repeating an earlier post then sticking a link at the bottom of his post in hopes someone clicks it.

He's gone (for now), he did the same thing on another thread trying to build reputation so he could post spam later