Through Door Disconnects

I greatly prefer flange mounted disconnects. If you must go through the door use either AB or add a B (ABB). Cutler Hammer will do nicely in a 6 or 8 inch deep box, but the shaft needs support for deep enclosures.

I have attached a picture of the thing.

It is called a "Bowden" but I have been unable to find the exact type and make or a link to it. It is installed by our panel builder, so it is not specced by us.
I am not sure if it is manufactured by "bowden" for Siemens, or if it is a 3rd party addon. Searching for "Bowden" reveals an avalanche of hits, but none to this device.

I shall investigate further, but maybe someone else already know something.

bowden_through_panel.jpg

I use dozens of these.. very well made, inexpensive and comes with a nice sticker template for the handle.

Mfg ALTECH Vendor ALLIED ELECTRONICS 767-1055 Switch and Accessory; 25 A; 600 VAC (Max.); 3; 50.5 mm; 74 mm; 73 mm; 16
Mfg ALTECH Vendor ALLIED ELECTRONICS 767-0002 Accessory, Door Interlock Shaft - 200mm length - steel
Mfg ALTECH Vendor ALLIED ELECTRONICS 767-0009 Door Interlock Handle; Pistol; Yellow/Red

I've used some of the AD units and they are substandard.

Last edited: