TI-565 output failure

RoTaTech

OK, I'm getting kind of fed up with TI; 565 anyway.

One card (so far) since we fixed the comms problem, has an output problem.

When the PLC - ladder or forcing turns on an output (Y1059, 120VAC solenoid) on this card, the indicator lamp goes out, and the output does not come on. Other outputs and lamps stay lit. Force on Y1060, connect output to it, same issue. Remove wire from output terminal, lamp comes back on.

Check all fuses - good. Check AC inputs and commons on card - good. AC is solid 120, neutral is present.

Exchange card with a good one, same issue.

Hook solenoid up to another card on a different rack - works fine.

For some odd reason, too, the lamps seems to stay lit even when the PLC is in program. It's as though there is some strange leakage to common inside the card, but they are not that dirty.

Ideas are welcome ...

Hello Rotatech

I don’t know if you have to make modifications in the program of the 565 but anyway here is also a link to the Siemens site were you can find the manual(if you didn’t have that already).
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/17517059

Important perhaps can be chapter 3.5 the use of C memory.
In the 565 C memory depends also on the number of RCC channels you have.

I mention this because once I made a modification in a special function of a 565 that had only one RCC card like yours and tried to assign C2052 to some condition.
It didn’t work(because for using this C address the PLC should have two RCC cards).
Then I read the manual at chapter 3.5 and discovered my problem.

I don’t know what kind of software version of Tisoft you use.(assuming here that you don’t use APT or the windows based version of Tisoft that is called workshop).
But be careful because the newer versions of the software allows you to enter instructions that are supported in a 545 or 555 but not in a 565 for example Set coil or Reset coil.
If you use these instructions(and there are more) then the 565 will go to Programm mode.

Perhaps you are already familiar with the 565 after all the problems but anyway.

Regards and have a good weekend

Henny