TI305 program

russrmartin

I have a TI305 that I made changes to. I got what I thought was the latest and greatest version off the C drive of my laptop. Hooked up, made the desired changes while online to the processor, and printed off a new copy of the program. The problem I have is that when I am offline, I found that the ladder we have saved is no where close to what is actually in the processor. When I try to make the changes to the program on the C drive, it says it is write protected. I think, not to worry, I'll just create a new program that is not write protected, and save it. Problem is, I cannot find out how to create a new program from scratch using the old software. I have no books, and very little experience with dos based PLC software. Can anyone give me a hint as to how to create a new program from scratch, or somewhere I can get a progammers manual for these old piece o craps? Thanks in advance.

Russ

Hi Russ (c:

I just did a test with our version of this old software.
You need a directory with the software files, PC305.305 + PC305.exe + TI3.bat. The files which contains the PLC-programme is named NETDATA with varios extensions
If you start with only the 3 software files, you will have an empty programme and the Netdata files will be created along the way as you write the programme, comments and synonyms.
Remember to SAVE ( F8 ) before you exit the programme.
If you need more information, feel free to contact me and I¨ll try to help you out.

Russ I take it you are using the old dos software, what was it TISoft?

If you want to save yourself some time dealing with the TI305 programming look into getting a version of DirectSoft32 from automationdirect.com. It is easier to work with, I have several TI305 style plc's at my plant and its what I use. I am not positive but I think you can get a specific model version for under $200 US, that may be for there smaller units but worth looking into.