Ti305

I'm sure that the PG was designed for the S7-series... only.

To program the TI-305 I think you'll need APT or possibly you can use TI-Soft.

I don't think you should go with ATP because it requires a unique stand-alone station.

As far as I know, you will need a CVU Card in your PC and a TI-WAY Network (TI-WAY Module in the PLC Rack) to talk to the PLC through your PC.

There's gotta be an easier way... the 305 has a serial port!
Sure the ATP works in that port... but is that all???

I haven't worked with the 305. I don't know what the standard method is.

The TI-305 is equivalent to one of the Automation Direct models, so maybe ol' Lefty (Tom Jenkins) can give you a clue as to what works on that model.

Looks like DirectSoft (Automationdirect's PLC programming software) will work with the TI 325, TI 330, TI 335, TI325S and TI 330S CPUs in the TI 305 series. If you are using a 325 or 330 CPU, you will need a DCU unit from them as well.

I believe that this is accurate.

The Simatic TI305 series PLC is the same unit as the GE Fanuc Series One and the DL305 form Automation Direct. You need a Data Communications Unit (DCU) mounted on the CPU module for serial communications with the computer running programming software. It can also be programmed with a handheld unit (AD part number D3-HP, GE part number IC610PRG105, don't know the TI equivalent). DirectSoft programming software from AD is compatible with it, as is the version of TISoft for the 305 and Logicmaster One from GE Fanuc.

Check out the Automation Direct catalog for details, or call AD tech support.

You may not need a DCU. These are the types of TI-305 CPU's that I know of.

TI-315 is not supported by Directsoft and I do not believe they can be found other than through a refurbishing center.

TI-325-07, TI-330-37 are the same as an AutomationDirect D3-330 and is supported by Directsoft. For this CPU you will need a DCU unit (D3-232-DCU) and a programming cable (D3-DSCBL-2).

TI-330S-37 are the same as an AutomationDirect D3-330P and is supported by Directsoft. For this CPU you will need a DCU unit (D3-232-DCU) and a programming cable (D3-DSCBL-2). (This part numbe is obsolete, but ADC probably has some in stock.)

TI-335-37 is the same as an AutomationDirect D3-340 and is supported by Directsoft. For this CPU you will not need a DCU, just a programming cable (D3-DSCBL-1).

Thanks for your help.
I have come across the hand held programmer in my draw!, looks like a pain in the arse type thing.

By the way, is it possible for me to remove a flash card from a S7 - 400 CPU, without interupting the PLC, or did the machine grind to halt purely by coincidence, the second the card left the pin connections?.
As i understand, and from past experience, the PLC does / should not use the Flash cards / Eproms under normal cyclic conditions.

As you are probably aware by now, my PLC knowledge is at the " knows enough to be dangerous" stage!.