TIA - Multiple KTP HMI Terminals on system

woodward_uk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone

I'm looking for some help with a problem please. I have a Siemens S7-1200 and 3 off KTP900 HMI's connected on the same Profinet network.

I have witten the HMI software and downloaded it to HMI #1, everything is working fine. However I now wish to download the same software to the remaining 2 HMI's that are located elsewhere on the plant. Each HMI has its own IP Address (set in the KTP) and is visible from TIA.

My question is, how do I download the same software from HMI_1 to HMI_2 & HMI_3 via Profinet from TIA? The client wants all 3 HMIs to have identical functionality.

Many thanks.

The IP address of the HMI panel in the offline project is for 'information only'.
So you can load the identical project to multiple HMIs, and thereafter manually change the IPs of the panels so they are unique. Only make sure that the connected PLC is reachable from the chosen IPs.

There is also a way of switching IPs dynamically, but I dont think you need that.

So I can download the same project to multiple HMIs just by selecting which IP I wish to send it to?

I've set the IP's manually in the KTPs and selected 'IP Address is set directly at the device' for each HMI in TIA.

I'm still not sure how to select which IP I want to download the project to from within TIA. It always defaults to the IP selected with my first HMI.

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks

TIA_SShot_1.jpg

When downloading, there is a dialog where you have to search for the panel before loading.
In this dialog, select 'device with same address' and then as the next thing select the field with the IP address. If you doubleclick on that field, you can change the IP to search for.
edit: You can also search for acccessible devices. This will present a list of devices, inccluding the panal with the IP you have set manually.

When the device is found, then use the 'flashing' function to have the panel screen flash on and off. This to be sure that you are connected with the correct panel. When OK, use Load to transfer the program.

When download has finished, you have to repeat the change IP on the panel, since downloading from TIA will set the IP to the value in the offline project.
edit: I see that you have used the 'Set IP directly at panel'. I havent used that before, but it does sound as if it stops TIA from overwriting the IP address.

Last edited:
Hi guys

A quick update on my progress with this problem.

I ended up setting the IP addresses manually at the terminals. Then to load the software to each terminal I select 'Extended download to device' from the Online menu in TIA, this then shows me all of the HMI's on the network.

I simply download to the relevant IP, the address is not overwritten as it was set manually. This works well, even though each HMI ends up with the same Profinet name this doesn't appear to affect the operation and the three terminals work happily alongside each other.

I was trying to monitor the comms state of the network devices with DeviceStates, this works perfectly for my ET200S but the HMI's don't appear to have a Profinet device number, this is greyed out in the software?

Thanks