TIA Portal and IO-Link

Puddle

I've been trying to get some data out of IO-link devices, just for my own curiosity.

Tools:
Siemens ET200SP CPU
Siemens CM 4x IO-Link
Keyence LR-TB5000
Keyence LR-W500

All the Siemens help files guide you towards the PCT software, which works great if you just want the process value, which is one UINT.
The Keyence manuals have a lot of data that claims you can read and write which I haven't been able to access though. Things like response time and calibration limits may be useful and I would also like to figure out how to download the settings backup if the instrument is changed.

The closest I've got is using the RDREC instruction, which the CM IO-Link manual tells me I can use on index 128 to get some data out of it. I've found multiple indexes of varying size, but I'm struggling to see a correlation between the returned data and the manual. I also don't think I can use WRREC to write back to it.

Has anybody else managed to do this outside of PCT? I can't find much online about it.

There's an IO link block library on SIOS that might be useful; it includes a Device block that includes parameter access. I'm assuming it does RDREC internally, but I think it translates things into IOlink terms. I've never used it myself, but worth a look.

I've read the file, but I don't like the Siemens approach of building a locked FB that does everything without explaining how it works. I'm just trying this out to learn it, but I won't understand it doing it their way unfortunately. It does say it uses RDREC/WRREC and will possibly be using the same data that I've already been able to find, I just need a translation page somewhere.

I've read the file, but I don't like the Siemens approach of building a locked FB that does everything without explaining how it works.

Yeah, I hear ya there massive do it all FBs can be complicated. Plus side, Siemens has generally moved to things not being locked (including this library). Downside for many, it's usually in SCL. This specific block has SOME comments, but not a ton.