TIA Portal problems adding my CPU

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I am trying to create a project to download to my CPU312 (312-1AE13-0AB0) and I can't get it to add this device. The device and article number show up however, I select it and it does nothing more with it. I am not TIA Portal savvy at all so I am hoping it's just something I am neglecting to do however, going to Youtube University and watching videos mine isn't doing what others are showing although, there are no videos that show using TIA Portal v.18 for my exact CPU. I can only assume that, since the CPU is listed precisely, I SHOULD be able to use this software? This is what I am selecting, that is doing (apparently) nothing:

Screenshot 2024-02-02 094729.png

I should also add; it is installed on a VM that also has Rockwell Software on it. I am not sure if they play nice together or not?

So you get the spinning circle ? and then what happens?

and another thing to try is to drag it over from the hardware catalog to the network view...

let us know

So you get the spinning circle ? and then what happens?

and another thing to try is to drag it over from the hardware catalog to the network view...

let us know

The spinning circle goes away and I am left with the display of the 6 gears. Thinking I will check and see if it added it I then select add new device again, use the same name (thinking if it did indeed create it it won't be happy about the duplicate name), it does the same thing.