Timer doesn't work - ecostruxure basic

SHP_VFD

Hi,

I want to register the time of operation of a valve. I'm using timers to simulate a one second pulse, but the output doesn't activate. I think that the time doesn't reach the preset.

Anyone that could give me a help with this?

timer.PNG

The top rung in the image below might work. If it does not, remove the output coil on that rung and try the second rung.

Siemens has the same problem behavior: when the NO (Normally Open) instruction on the feed to the TON looks at %TM5.Q, it does not look at the value of a bit in memory that was assigned at e.g. the start of the scan, it essentially queries the TON to see if it is completed yet. So that output .Q will never have a value of 1, because if .Q has a value 1 when its input rung is evaluated, then the NO instruction evaluates to False and the TON is reset, which changes the .Q value to 0.

xxx.png

I had a similar battle a few months ago & could not get the same implementation to work, so resorted to the same sort of change.

when the NO (Normally Open) instruction on the feed to the TON looks at %TM5.Q
I understand what you are saying here, but not sure it is worded correct.?

Should it not be 'when the NC/XIO instruction on the feed to the TON' ?