Timestamp outputs

aand74

Does anybody know how 'timestamp output' functionality internally works in a controller? I do not mean the instructions you use as a programmer, but how the code in the motion firmware handles this.
With timestamp outputs I mean you activate an output based on an axis position with a µs precision (much better then comparing axis position in the program and then activating the output).
It is available for all big vendors like Rockwell, Siemens, Beckhoff. However with the system we are intending to use not.
Internally there should be some kind of prediction of the position that is to come in a certain time range, as the axis may be accelerating, decelerating, and maybe subject to multiple motion commands.

Similar Topics

Good afternoon everyone, I am setting up an MES server with some production machines that have ML 1400 PLCs in them. When I send the data to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am having some issues with FactoryTalk View SE (Local) Alarm and Event server. In my "active" alarm windows all alarms is shown correctly...
Replies
Views
So all the rockwell examples I have been pointed to or found to log data in a compactlogix and write to SD in .csv format have been for...
Replies
Views
Hi. I hope you could give me some advise here. I'm ongoing with a project which has many plates that are glued individual and put into a...
Replies
Views
I am going to attempt to use a EL5151 and EL5101 to read a torque flange (freq output) and encoder. I need to be able to do calculations that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom