To Latch or Unlatch; That is the question! Help Please!

here’s another slight difference ...

BvsN.JPG

this means that it’s usually easier to use the Binary (B-type) bits for things like “status holders” and “one-shots” and things like that ...

basic idea: if the last bit that we used was bit number 123, then bit number 124 is a likely candidate for the next bit that we need ...

of course either type bit will do the job ... but many (most?) programmers prefer to use the B-type bits for all of their “I-just-need-another-bit” uses ...

Here's another difference:

Binary (B) data type is unsigned 16 bit integer 0-65535
Integer (N) data type is signed integer -32768 to +32767 (15 bits plus sign)

You can use either for integer or bit level data as long as you are aware of unsigned/signed difference.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone. First time poster here. I am very new to PLC programming (my programming background is more in computers). I have a question with...
Replies
Views
Good day all. I have a question pertaining to an unlatch instruction. Unfortunately I'm not able to share the program however, I have attached...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Can someone see what I did wrong here. My "PA" bit never seems to get energized despite hitting "SOFTKEY7" many times
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a question regarding studio 5000 with processor 1769-L33ER V33.011 and Factorytalk View SE V12. I have an home-made pop-up...
Replies
Views
I'm troubleshooting a machine for a customer right now, and the output that is not working needs this bit to go high to activate the coil. But the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom