toggling integer bits with slc503

a-rob

I am using a SLC 5/03 with a 1746-HSRV in slot 3. What I need to do is produce a configuration data table in an integer file (N51). The trick is I have to be able to toggle individual bits leaving the rest of the word the same from a panelview 550. The MOV command doesn't allow me to write to the bit level. Is there any easy way to write to the individual bits of an integer file?

I think mmw answered your question but...

MOV command doesn't allow me to write to the bit level
The masked move command (MVM) allows you to write to a word through a mask. This allows your move command to effect any number of bits in the destination word. Look at the SLC instruction help for more info.

Similar Topics

A couple days ago I accidentally toggled an alwasyoff bit. The issue is it was set up as a single OTU on a rung, nothing else, and used as XICs...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to extensively modify a piece of machinery that is very mission critical to the operation, thus not allowed much downtime or...
Replies
Views
Does anyone else toggle bits, or increment words as a messaging technique? To start a sequence or process I will hold a bit true (To avoid...
Replies
Views
We bought a used SLC500 (1747-l40A) from a vendor. Comes with one year warranty. It's still on our test bench. I downloaded a program to it and...
Replies
Views
Hello, given my level of experience I am sure this is a simple question. I am using Studio 5000 to observe a simple ladder logic set from a couple...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom