Torque follow 2 servos with Kinetics 6k?

prs1025

Hi. I have an application where I need 2 servo motors that are mechanically linked to run a gear box (motor A is connected to motor B via 2 independent shafts and an idler gear). This is a ControlLogix system using Kinetics 6k drives with a 1756-M16SE card in the rack. Also, the gear box has to run at a given velocity. It's not position dependent.
So I'm wondering what is the best way to do this. At first I was thinking to have motor A geared to motor B (both in velocity loop) and just limit the torque on motor A. Or possibly even gear both to a virtual axis. But now I think a Torque Following type of solution would be best. I know that Torque Following is possbile when using VFDs but I don't know how to do this with ControlLogix and Kinetics 6k.
Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks