Set max torque permissive value in PowerFlex 525

Bering C Sparky

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,
Would anyone happen to know what parameter in a PowerFlex 525 to have the drive trip if the torque permissive set point is exceeded?

I have a conveyor that is breaking flights off a small box elevator when the box gets stuck on the flights. Need to limit the torque allowed so the drive will trip if a box gets stuck.

I just looked though the manual and nothing jumped out at me.

If anyone who is familiar with the PF 525 knows the parameter off hand I would appreciate it. I will keep looking as well.

Thanks

Are you looking for the shear pin settings?

Shear Pin1 Level A486
Shear Pin 1 Time A487
Shear Pin2 Level A488
Shear Pin 2 Time A489

Are you looking for the shear pin settings?

Shear Pin1 Level A486
Shear Pin 1 Time A487
Shear Pin2 Level A488
Shear Pin 2 Time A489

Not sure, I have not heard that term used for drive parameters before.
Been working with AD Dura Pulse GS3 drives the past 8 years and they had a parameter to set max allowable torque and you could open the relay output when that value was exceeded.

This is my first dealing with the a Powerflex drive in 8 years so I have some reading to get back in the swing of the parameter set up and terminology.
They used multiple brand drives on this new build ship so lots to take in this season.

I will check out the parameters you show above and see if that will work.
I just need the drive to trip if the torque on the motor exceeds set point value.

Thanks