tp170 A light

gaannesh

Hello
we have machine using siemens touchpanel TP170A

suddenly from yesterday there is no light but there is display in panel which is difficult to read and set.
maybe light is gone? how to replace.?

Not sure about siemens panels but just as a matter of interest I had a number of Beijers (Mitsi) E900 panels where after 8-10 years use the backlight was dim or almost no existent, however I found that the backlight was in fact like a little flourescent tube & the problem was not the tube gone but the reflective "silver paper" had curled round the tube blocking the light I assume this was once stuck on the inside of the holder, I removed it & hey presto almost full brightness I suppose replacing the foil would increase it but compared to what it was it was readable.
You might find that the screen has a removable backlight but this is not always the case. Also a lot of the older panels are not compliant due to the metals used & spares are in short supply

Hello
we have machine using siemens touchpanel TP170A

suddenly from yesterday there is no light but there is display in panel which is difficult to read and set.
maybe light is gone? how to replace.?

PARKY SAID: Not sure about siemens panels but just as a matter of interest I had a number of Beijers (Mitsi) E900 panels where after 8-10 years use the backlight was dim or almost no existent, however I found that the backlight was in fact like a little flourescent tube & the problem was not the tube gone but the reflective "silver paper" had curled round the tube blocking the light I assume this was once stuck on the inside of the holder, I removed it & hey presto almost full brightness I suppose replacing the foil would increase it but compared to what it was it was readable.
You might find that the screen has a removable backlight but this is not always the case. Also a lot of the older panels are not compliant due to the metals used & spares are in short supply.

So what did you try last time?

YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THIS AFTER ALMOST 5 MONTHS?
I'D SACK YOU ON THE SPOT!

Last edited: