Tricks on SLC msg instruction

naag_slet

Hi Guys,

Here i want just some tricks and tips to configure third party point i-o adapator data into the SLC 5/05 by using MESSAGE READ INSTRUCTION over the ethernet(third party will support TCP/IP ethernet protocol).

Actually i tried by writting Message instruction but nthat it allows me to select only allen bradealy products only but not for other third party devices...

Any Ideas?????

Naag.🤾

Your specification of TCP/IP ethernet protocol is not sufficient to determine the answer to your question. If you review the TCP/IP model you will see that there are basically four layers:

Application
Transport (TCP and UDP)
Network (IP)
Link (Ethernet)

With your description, you have basically specified the bottom three components of the model to allow communications. Ethernet would be the Link layer, IP in TCP/IP is the network layer, and TCP (assuming UDP as well) would be the transport layer. Until you specify the Application layer protocol, you can not have communications.

There are many different vendors who have their own Application Layer protocols. AB has several, as does Siemens, GE, Omron, etc. Such names as Ethernet/IP, Modbus/TCP, EtherCAT, Profinet, etc., are all Application layer protocols. We know what the SLC5/05 can do - but what about the 'third party remote I/O'?

Actually i am using SLC5/05 and GE FANUC 90-30 SERIES PLC'S,
here i want to exchange some to each other..
How to do this??

Both are having tcp/ip ethernet protocal inbuilt.

Thanks in advance.

Naag

I do not understand how you could mean "GE 90-30" but post "third party point I/O adapter".

The SLC-5/05 does not have any native Ethernet protocols that it shares in common with the GE 90-30 series of controllers.

I recommend using a Modbus/TCP module made by Eclectic Products, Inc.