TwinCAT 3 - RS232 Serial Communication - EL6002 Clamp

jbmelo91

Good morning everyone,

This is my first post here. I am beginning my journey on PLC programming and still a really newbie, I want to write a structured text code to read the output of 2 dial indicators that I have coupled on a EL6002 Beckoff Clamp.

The data transmission shall be RS-232C standard serial signal, for what I understand from the Dial Indicator Gauge supplier, every group data includes 10 ASCII code, being the first one for the direction (positive or negative), the second to eight code to show the data and the ninth and tenth to express control status messages. Each ASCII code is one byte.

I am real a noob, would like to know if someone could guide me, to where can I find information or a source code that could help me. My intention is to retrieve the positive or negative and data code and have them appearing on a box on the Visiu. Does anyone know how can I do this?

Thank you all for your help (y)