Ultra 5000 program

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi ALl

I got online to tye Ultra 5000 and uploaded the file.
I would like to look at the programs, which is in a format of
.exe.
Do i need the source code to look at this or is there a way to extract the code and view it.

Thaks again

Donnchadh

Hi Donnchadh,

I'm not sure how you went online to upload the executable program file(*.exe), but I assume you normally use Ultraware when dealing with these servo-drives?

As you may, or may not know, Ultraware would have created the executable program file by compiling all C programming language Source(*.c) and Header(*.h) files within a Project in an offline Ultraware file.

Ultraware does not support the direct importation of stand-alone executable program files. Only an import of the previously exported Project, which included the executable program file, Source and Header files, can import it for you.

Even if you got the *.exe alone imported, Ultraware doesn't support decompiling of the *.exe back to it's Source and Header files.
Compilation, in general, is a non-reversible process. Any decompilation attempts will inevitably result in irretrievable data loss.

I'm not exactly bringing you good news, just completely ruling out Ultraware as an option.

Maybe someone else has attempted to decompile an Ultraware *.exe before, but I certainly have not.

You need the original Source and Header files to actually see what Source commands and Header variable declarations were made.

G.

Hi Geospark

Thanks for the reply, are you shouting for the dubs on Sunday.
You are correct I used ultra ware with a cp3 cable and a gender bender.

I was in the Ab tech support today as I had not seen your post( thanks for your time) and yes they also gave me the good news. You know when you get the answer and it's just not the one you want but you just needed someone to confirm . The problem with this is that the company is gone and no one has a copy of the code.
Now it's a rewrite or change out the system as there is a problem and I just can't find it. So even if I get them to pay for the rewrite I may still have a problem that now becomes my problem.

The system is a encoder connected to a bag machine. There is a reg mark sensor and the servo is to speed up or slow down the feed into the bag cutting section using the encoder to gear to the bag machine. Now I know this is not rocky science but I have never used the reg mark input before as all my servo work has been pick and place, camming for fillers, some gearing to other machines using an encoder into ultra 2000 and then gearing the servo the encoder, some rotary cutting etc but I have never used a reg mark to advance or slow down a servo
I am just a but slow to take it on at the moment as I have a lot on( I know it's a good complaint)

Donnchadh

Yeah, I'll shout for the Dubs alright! We want to get Sam back down into Leinster (y)
Kerry in the long grass again though! o_O

One other thing you could play around with is trying to create a new project in Ultraware and see can you add the *.exe into a folder somewhere that lets you view it in the Offline Program folder of that Project? IF, and that's a big if as normally you can only import *.uxf files, you do get it into Ultraware you could at least try and add it to the drive online and run it to see what it does. That's if you don't already know from studying it in action. Long shot, but better than throwing it in your Recycle Bin!

Slán,
G.

Hi Geospark

Sorry Tipp man here so its Cork and Kerry for me never taught I would write that one down.

I actually tried that when I was on site and no joy.
I tried online/offline import/ export any thing else I could think off.
I was talking to a very good guy in rockwell ( thanks Dereck)
had he said it can not be opened without the source file.

Just dont know what to do.

maybe new compact logix M processor and K 350 but I find them only ok. I think the K2000, K3000 and K 6000 on sercos was a lot better. I understand that Rockwell have a new drive out on ethernet maybe worth a look at.

I dont think the k300 and K350 was actually a rockwell product I just think its a rebadged item, well thats only me.

Thanks again (y)

up the lilly whites.
Donnchadh