Unable to Write String to Tag When Passed as a Parameter

shebang

Hello all,

I have a FactoryTalk View SE HMI where I am using a macro to display an appropriate display based upon a value that's passed into the macro. Let's say this passed in value can be "T101", "T102","T103". When I show a display, I use the following command to set a tag to that value that's passed in.

Code:
Set LTAG\CurrentDisplay %1
This, will seem to work, as it runs without errors in the console. However when I read back the tag, it remains unchanged from it's previous value.

If I run

Code:
Set LTAG\CurrentDisplay "Main"
It works great. But obviously, this method will break my macros. This works fine for the macro that displays the main page, but will not work for my other displays, since I have a bunch of them.

I can't enclose the '%1' in quotes because that will just feed the literal '%1' into the string, where I obviously would like it to be my passed in parameter.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks!