Unicast connection over ethernet/ip

prakasha

Hi Guys,

I have doubt on which condition Unicast connection over ethernet/ip box will be Checked and Unchecked in the Connection Tab while Configuring any Ethernet device in Studio 5000.

Please clarify My doubt.

Thank you....

Hi. If you do not need the produced data from the EtherNet/IP adapter to be used by a redundant scanner (that is listen-only or input only scanner), in addition to the Rockwell PLC (which is the "exclusive-owner", or device that can write output or process data) then my advise is you choose unicast. If you choose the other option, not unicast or multicast, then if you do not have a switch that supports ICMP snooping which can remember the ports to which the multicast packages need to be sent, you may have communication issues. Conclusion, use unicast.