Unitronics PLC/HMI communication

Bobbias

Ok, I've been asked by my boss to do some research on a Unitronics V2xx model PLC/HMI unit. I need to figure out of it's programmable over ethernet or not. Everything I've read in the manuals talks primarily about programming it through the RS232 or RS485. By the description of the unit he's talking about, it has 2 RJ-11 ports (presumably, by reading the data, one RS232 dedicated port and one selectable between RS232 or RS485, but don't qute me on that) and one RJ-45 port. I'm wondering if it is actually possible to connect through the RJ-45 port through ethernet and program it from the PC that way, instead of connecting through the RS232 port (which requires a cord with a regular 9 pin D style connectr on one end and an RJ-11 connector on the other).

The manuals seem really vague on whether I can actually program it from the computer over ethernet, ro whether the ethernet is just there for comunicating after it's been programmed.

I don't have an answer for you, but I have used Unitronix and have found they are very responsive to questions. I would contact them directly.

Steve

Hey Bobbias!
Of course you can! If you buy a V2xx or V5xx model like the V570-57-B20B you can easily add an ethernet card for $111 list. The part # is V200-18-ET1.
You can download a new application AND a new O/S over ethernet but, as I've recently discovered, not the binary libraries. You can even get access to the SD card using the SD Suite. A very friggin cool tool.
Cheers