Reset password on Unitronics Jazz PLC

kallileo

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Jazz PLC with some old program in it which is password protected.
Is it possible to clear the PLC and completely delete everything in it without knowing the password?
If yes then I will buy a programming cable or it goes in the recycling bin.

you should be able to load new project only with configuration on it.

For programming you can make own cable or buy new one with programming software (RJ11 6pins on one end and D9 on other, programming port takes power from computer's d9 connector).

If Jazz is newer, you can also use USB cable for programming. You can download prograaming software for free from unitronics, help files shows correct cable pinouts for programming.

Or if you are lazy you can buy cable with some 30-60 euros ;)

I was thinking of getting the Com Port Kit since I have the older version without usb port.
Isolated RS232/RS485 Add-on Port
Cable and adapter
http://www.unitronics.com/docs/technical-library/article-no-jz-rs4.pdf?sfvrsn=0

As far as I understand it can be used for both programming and serial communication. The problem that I also need the RS232 Programming Add-On Port with RJ11 connector.

If you say that it's possible to reprogram it then I will probably buy the programming kit.

It should be possible, years allready when used jazz, but pretty sure that you can load new program without password like on other plcs.

Isn't there allready prograaming module MJ20-PRG installed on Jazz?

I would use JZ-PRG kit, much cheaper than JZ-RS4, if you don't need RS485.
JZ-prg kit have rs232 adapter for jazz, cable and programming software.

(RS232/485 adapter can used for programming and communications, but you can be connected only with one protocol at same time, if you use programming soft, then ypu can't use RS485 and vice versa.
Good thing on RS4, 232/485 port is that it don't need external power from computer, JZ-PRG can also used for RS232 communications, but it needs power from outside for working (current needs to limit to rs232 spec, otherwise you gonna burn it down. If you connect only to computer then there is no need to worry, because computer limits d9 pins to 20mA, but you can't connect external power directly to it, black smoke gomes out)

http://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.elmark.com.pl%2Funitronics%2FPDF%2FM9091JAZZ%2FJazz%2520Add-on%2520Modules%2FJZ-PRG_INSTL-GUIDE_01-06.pdf&ei=RP4aVcHdJYqLsgGluIAw&usg=AFQjCNF62x50qSI0shiv_4zcN5s3u8F5SA&bvm=bv.89381419,d.bGg

ok, then buy JZ-PRG if you only need to program jazz PLC.

You would need it anyway with newer jazz if you don't want use usb cable and it don't cost much...