Administrative password reset

Jcooli09

The other day I installed Rockwell IntelliCENTER software on my laptop, and as part of that it required that I enter a password. It seems that the password also applies to FactoryTalk, when I opened it today it required a user ID and password. I wasn't sure what I used as a password, and when I figured it out I get the message that my account has been locked, and to contact my administrator.

I don't have an administrator, I'm all there is. Does anyone know how to unlock my userID?

Update:

After googling around and finding there's an administrative password activex control, I went to my administrative console looking for it, and it opened. Just in case someone else pulls this boneheaded move, here's the scoop:

The lockout auto resets, the default setting is 15 minutes. I found this in the administrative console System/Policies/System Policies/Security policies.

I changed the Account lockout threshold to 0 invalid tries from 1 invalid tries (?!?). If the setting is 0, the account never locks.

I changed the Account lockout auto reset to 1 minute from 15 minutes. 1 is the minimum, if this is set at 0 it never resets.

I still don't know how logins became enabled, I must have done it during the installation process without realizing it.