FactoryTalk View user Password

nmk34

Hello
is their a way to create a password that contains the following variables:
1) number of the day in the month, example 07 the 7th day in this month.
2) number for the month in the year, example 07 the 7th month in this year.
3) some other number like 100

so the password will look like this:

Thanks

Are you using FactoryTalk View SE (which has some VBA scripting capabilities), or a PanelView Plus with FactoryTalk View ME, or are you trying to roll your own password / access control feature in the logic controller ?

In general, I don't now of a method for automatically creating simple passwords derived from a constant and the date in a Windows domain controller or server that could do the authentication for a FactoryTalk View system. That kind of password is almost as insecure as a default password.