FactoryTalk View Studio User Management

naegely

I have a FTView application that allows user management via the HMI.

When I need to make a revision to this application, I upload and restore the runtime file to capture current user information, then make my offline changes. For various reasons (change control, system availability etc.), it can sometimes be weeks between the time I upload the current program and download the revised program. During that time, users may have been added, modified, passwords changed etc. all via the HMI.

What I have tried, in order to maintain current login credentials, is:

-Upload the original app again right before the revised will be downloaded
-Export user information from original app / Import into revised app
-Download revised app

While this seems to work as far as including new users, the passwords no longer work, so I am assuming that the export / import maybe doesn't include the password information?

Does anyone know of a best practice for this situation, to ensure that a revised application includes all current user and password information?

Thanks for any advice,
Rob