Siemens S7 Password issue

baggy99

Hi,
Bit of a newbie here to Siemens - I just bought an old S7-1500 off of eBay and the PLC/card is password protected. I have no idea what the program is that is on the PLC nor do I care, I just want to clear/reset the password so I can download my project. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks in advance
Billy

Hello,

You should format the PLC memory card from the front panel screen. This clears load memory.

Then clear the working memory- move the switch down to stop until the light stops blinking, release and press down once more.

Now you have a factory reset PLC.

If this is a 1510SP or 1512SP then there is no integrated display.
If you are online with the PLC via the 'accessible devices' dialog, you can select 'online and diagnostics' and then 'Functions' and 'format Memory Card'.