How to break password of Siemens PLC

Funny thing the OP doesn't even seem to realize that he is doing something wrong and takes offense. Oh well.

He may not be doing something "wrong" but something that is in contravention of board policy. :)

I'm on a job now that requires "cracking" - well it's now cracked .....it was explicitly stated in the contract that n software protection was to be applied but also that the software remained the intellectual property of the programmer.

Notwithstanding that my dog could have coded better - the processor was protected.
The flaw in the plan was that was a 300 series processor on site which took 5 minutes to open. Programmers are creatures of habit (whilst this guy was never a programmer even on one of his best days - he was however a creature). Yap the password was the same.

Did a break any moral or property laws? No.

But the process may not be discussed here - any of story :)

He may not be doing something "wrong" but something that is in contravention of board policy. :)

I'm on a job now that requires "cracking" - well it's now cracked .....it was explicitly stated in the contract that n software protection was to be applied but also that the software remained the intellectual property of the programmer.

Notwithstanding that my dog could have coded better - the processor was protected.
The flaw in the plan was that was a 300 series processor on site which took 5 minutes to open. Programmers are creatures of habit (whilst this guy was never a programmer even on one of his best days - he was however a creature). Yap the password was the same.

Did a break any moral or property laws? No.

But the process may not be discussed here - any of story :)
That sounds like walking along a row of parked cars, looking for an unlocked door. "Am I doing something wrong?" said the man when the cops questioned him.

I just remembered something a teacher said me, back in the high school: "People can find a hundred excuses for doing something in the wrong way, so I don't understand why can not find at least one reason to do it the right way".

The site's policy regarding passwords is sound.

While there may be legitimate reasons for someone to circumvent password protection, there is no way that anyone here can verify that any particular poster has such a legitimate reason. The board members have chosen to remain on the side of professionalism and always refrain from discussing password cracks even though that choice means the few people with a legitimate need are out of luck.

That sounds like walking along a row of parked cars, looking for an unlocked door. "Am I doing something wrong?" said the man when the cops questioned him.

I just remembered something a teacher said me, back in the high school: "People can find a hundred excuses for doing something in the wrong way, so I don't understand why can not find at least one reason to do it the right way".

Not really...if the question of ownership is clear then the door being locked or not is neither here nor there.

As an example - you have a car on HP.... you don't pay for it...the finance people will take it back by whatever means necessary....the moral? Well just because a door is locked is doesn't mean there isn't someone out there with the right to open it with whatever force is required.

Unfortunately Siemens left a key under the door mat so this question can still arise.....