Unitronics/Visilogic help needed!!

badbowtie

I have been recently tasked with programming a Vision 570 Logic Controller for a project here at work and in the last 7 days I have taught myself enough to write the programming needed but I have hit a brick wall!!! please help!

Question #1:

I have digital inputs that are coming from sensors in the system, when one of these trips I have it set to pop up a warning screen indicating what sensor is throwing a code.

- What I am needing is a way to require the system user to enter their name showing that they aknowledge the error code before they are allowed to return to the previous screen to continue working. (ie: in the event of a failure we can go back and show that "John Doe" saw the warning and chose to keep working) Any ideas?

Question #2:

I am trying to figure out how the data input from my first question could be saved to the SD Card and later exported.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP!!!

Please bear with me for my ignorant questions, I am trying to teach myself this as I go and it seems there is not much info out there!

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have an answer for your questions, but there is at least one person on this forum who has helped me in the past with a Unitronics question. His hame is TimothyMoulder and you may want to send him a P.M. in case he doesn't visit this site very often, and may not see your post.

Paul

Dear badbowtie

I have programmed Unitronics V570 in the past and found there is always an elegant way do achieve things.

I would suggest you set up a DB table with at least four colums <date><time><user name><code> and say 500 rows. Each colum entry will have a format of "String" except <code> which will have format INT (I guess, if it is a code number?).

When a user achknowledges the code you will want to time / date stamp and drop his name and code number into the next available row within the table. There are standard FB's to help do this within Visilogic. Make use of the DB examples that should have been installed automatically when you installed VisiLogic to gain an understanding. They are very useful.

Once the data is being logged correctly you should work on how to exit the pop-up automatically. I'm sure you will be able to set a bit based on reading an incremented "row" value after the user has entered his/her name.

There is another FB which allows DB tables to be written to an SD card.

Also, you can use the free Data-Export utility (downloadable from Unironics) to access the DB tables and bring them into Excel automatically.

Of course you could contact Emil or Ofir at [email protected] they are always very receptive.

Good luck!