Unity Pro XL Simulator - "This isn't a valid PLC Address..."

Derp-Dee-Drrr

I'm using Unity Pro XL v13.1
Trying to connect to the PLC Simulator and getting error:
"This isn't a valid PLC Address, or PLC is budy, or media is off."

All advise I find online points to another app using port 502.
I've already addressed this issue by downloading cports and re-assigning IGS to 503.

The funny thing is it was working for a while, then after rebooting my VM one day it just stopped cooperating. I've tried other obvious stuff like killing the simulator process and re-lanuch, turning off my firewall, etc. And I found this thread from last year which didn't go into any further detail.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=117149

Anyone have any idea what other conditions can cause this error message?
THANKS