UnityPRO FORCED VALUE list

sg0502

is it possible to external read the Forced_value list from a PLC using UnityPRO?
I need to get this data.
It could be via modbus, ops... or even export it to .csv
Thanks for any help

There is block "is_bit_forced". So you can make loop, check every bit on %M or %I-level and save comparing result to array of ebools.
As it long loop, it would be advisible divide looping to several different PLC cycles so that loop would not increase PLC cycle.

But do you really need that, when Unity online view shows Forced varriables as list at online view.
Where you need that list outside from PLC?

Thanks!!! Excellent idea

We need outside UnityPro because we are uploading this list to the cloud for monitoring.

There is block "is_bit_forced". So you can make loop, check every bit on %M or %I-level and save comparing result to array of ebools.
As it long loop, it would be advisible divide looping to several different PLC cycles so that loop would not increase PLC cycle.

But do you really need that, when Unity online view shows Forced varriables as list at online view.
Where you need that list outside from PLC?
Ok, so this means that via scripting it is possible to do it automatic?
I have used the "is_bit_forced" but I had to map every signal to an array. That means to manually assemble it... for testing is fine but not for a large database.

On variable editor make array variable for original %M addressing

M_array, array [0..99] of ebool, start address %M0

And another array

M_forced_array, array [0..99] of ebool, start address %M4000

Then on ST-code section

Code:
(*Check if address %M0..%M99 is forced *)

(* if forced bit is finded, set bit true on forced array table *)
(* (array location = %M address index *)

for i:=0 to 99 do;

force_test_bit1 := IS_BIT_FORCED (IN :=(M_array[i]) );

if force_test_bit1= true then
M_forced_array[i]:=true;
else
M_forced_array[i]:=false;
End_IF;

End_For;
On PLC settings you need to enable array addressing and uncheck memory overlapping, so build not generete warnings of same address used twice on variables (your original symbols and array_variables for looping are using same addresses)

%M4000..4099 is showing to modbus if there is forced variables on %M0..%M100

For IO you can do same, but you need divide input / output arrays to same lenght, than you have DI / DO inputs / output cards.

For topological DI start addressing is (DI module on rack0, slot 2 => %I0.2.0 for array start and lenght 16, 32 or 64 depending of cards)

Last edited: