Upload the configuration of an SLC DeviceNet Scanner

cardosocea

Hello,

As some of you may have seen in another thread I have a deviceNet network of valves and realised that no one saved the network configuration running on the module.

Reading through the manual, it seems that it's possible to upload the configuration, but I wonder if doing so will affect the network or if the upload is enough to recover should we need to replace the card in the future.

Anyone here has experience in this particular card that can advise?

Its been about ten years but from memory, you should be able to upload the configuration using RsNetworks for DeviceNet with no effect on the scanner and give you everything that is needed for replacement.

Its been about ten years but from memory, you should be able to upload the configuration using RsNetworks for DeviceNet with no effect on the scanner and give you everything that is needed for replacement.

+1

Briefly looking at the valve documentation, they appear to be all DIP switches. If any device had settable parameters through DeviceNet, I would have suggested doing an upload for those devices, as well.

You are correct that you need to "upload" the Scanlist (along with any other configuration data, including the memory map and the ADR configuration) from the DeviceNet Scanner using RSNetworx for DeviceNet. Simply go online with the network, select the 1747-SDN or other Scanner, right-click and select "Upload from Device".

This is always done with low-priority messaging and will not meaningfully impact the network performance.

The "Upload from Network" feature goes around to all of the devices in the network view and uploads their information in turn. They do need to be identified by RSNetworx (they need EDS files registered before this function is done) for parameters to be uploaded.

NOVICE WARNING: You can catastrophically erase your network configuration by going online with a blank RSNetworx project, performing a network browse, then right-clicking in the white space and selecting "Download to Network", then ignoring the warning message. All the default values and an empty Scanlist and blank memory map will be downloaded to the devices on the network and to the Scanner.