hello every one
as i am new to this forum
i want to know detial of udt in rslogix 5000
does all tags in udt get in my program?
if i have to write program still then what is benefits of udt
simply we can make tags differentially.
i am making instrument calibration interpolar by udt
give me some idea about it

UDT's are a convenient way to combine all the storage required for some function in a single place, and promote easier reuse of code.

They are just data structures, why would you think that they would obviate the need to write a program using the data?

thanks for the quick response rd
can i make calculation tag in udt
if yes then how
please provide me some useful link for the detail
thanks agian

After reading the Allen Bradley material you may come to realize that a UDT is not a tag, it is the template for a (possibly) complex tag. Just as INT and DINT and STRING are not of themselves tags but are the definition of the structure of a tag, your UDT is the description of a structure. After making your UDT, when creating your tags you can select your UDT from the list of types just as you can select DINT or REAL.

In a like concept, and AOI is a definition of a logic structure with its acceptable types of variables. You create it then, at the appropriate point in the program you create an 'Instance' of it (much like creating a tag using the UDT as the template).