Using a word to activate alarms

wells

I am in the process of learning the basics of PLC Programming and I would like to put forward a question regarding how I would monitor a number of alarms e.g 16 with using a word instead of individual contacts. So that if any of the Bits are 1 then the word is one. I am using syswin but cant seem to find any function to help me with this.

Your Help would be greatly appreciated

Wells

Hello wells
All you need to do is test the Word for NOT equal to zero.
Long time since I used Syswin (CX-Programmer, now) so you may have to use CMP instruction, then look at the arithmetic flags P_NE for Not equal.
Lot easier with CX-P; you should upgrade.
HTH
Pp

Similar Topics

Hi All, How do I set a password to PLC using Proficy machine software 9.5-9.8 or some other way? I as using Emerson CPE305 CPU. Thanks.
Replies
Views
on my Allen Bradley HMI i want to put a login and logout screen for when my operators want to reject a part in production i want to eliminate this...
Replies
Views
FactoryTalk ME- Using a"String Input Enable" for Password Entry.How can I place X's Good Morning , FactoryTalk View ME ...... I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, Question about alarming on an HMI (Siemens TP700) using Siemens S7-1200 and/or S7-300 CPUs. The HMI only allows me to use Words for...
Replies
Views
Hello There's a machine that im working on where the operator inputs a number on the touchscreen, the machine makes that number of parts and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom