Using analog inputs for digital signals

Charbel

Dear,
I was looking at tender documents / drawings and this have indicated that they are using analog input for digital signals.
I was wondering maybe they are using it for line monitoring. Anythought on this?
thank you!

charbel

Some of the brick & micro PLCS (ABB, Idec) have a few analog inputs that can be configured to be used as digitals as needed. So it's maybe not that far fetched depending on the device. Specifically buying analog inputs to be used as digitals when you have a choice would be a waste.

Similar Topics

Is it possible to use the MSG instruction to grab all the information from an analog module (e.g. 1756-IF8I/A) that is owned by a different CPU...
Replies
Views
Hello excuse me if my questions seem silly but i am really so confused. I searched the forum for answers to questions similar to mine and still...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a project due in which first, I have built a DVM. Next, I have to interface it with a PLC. The voltage ranges are 0--1.9V and...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, Should we use the S5 analog input cards with a range card? Or we can use S5 analog inputs cards without using a range card inside...
Replies
Views
Utilizing the Contrologix 1756 platform analog input/output modules, I don't see any recommended fusing requirements in the AB books even though I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom